This was delicious ….and nicked from Sunday Brunch
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp Chinese five spice
1kg pork belly
4 cloves garlic, sliced
100ml rice wine
50ml soy sauce
150g hoi sin sauce
225g crunchy peanut butter
Serve with sticky rice, sliced cucumber and chopped spring onions
Ingredients: The salad
Cucumber – peeled sliced and salted for 20 mins
Coconut -grated and dry fried until golden
Shallots – thinly sliced
Radish – thinly spliced
Red Chillies thinly sliced
All mixed together and then mixed with the dressing:
Coconut Milk & Fresh lime juice ( about 3:1 coconut to lime) and Palm sugar to taste.
1. Rub the cinnamon and five spice into the pork. Seal the meat on all sides in a heavy bottomed pan and then remove.
2. Cook the garlic for 2 minutes, then add the rice wine and cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Add the soy and hoi sin sauces and mix well. Put the pork back in the pot.
4. Cover the dish and simmer for 3-4 hours, then remove from the pan.
5. Add the peanut butter to the pan and mix with the sauce. Thin with a little water if the sauce is too thick.
6. Serve slices of pork belly with sticky rice, sliced cucumber and spring onions and the salad.